This new release includes several new features, new support, and several bug fixes. See the Change Logs for details.
This major update of DRAGONS has two big changes over V2:
- New “quicklook” reduction for GMOS longslit data
- Python 3 compatibilty only. Python 2 is no longer supported.
With this release, DRAGONS offers support for:
- Science Quality reduction
- GMOS imager
- NIRI imager
- GSAOI imager
- F2 imager
- Quicklook Quality reduction
- GMOS longslit spectrograph
For imaging, this software should be used instead of the Gemini IRAF package.
For GMOS longslit spectroscopy, use this package only for quicklook purposes. Please continue to use Gemini IRAF for science quality reductions. We are working on a science quality package for GMOS longslit but it is not ready yet. We believe that releasing what we have for quicklook inspection will nevertheless be useful to our users.
Installation instructions can be found in the Recipe System User Manual at: